We can remove many types of organic and inorganic materials with our equipment, such as:
- Fine silt
GSD Companies can complete hydraulic dredging operations in many locations, including:
- Water treatment facilities
- Power plants
- Intake structures
HYDRAULIC DREDGING SAFETY
- Safety records: We have a track record of safety and meet EPA and OSHA compliance requirements.
- Training: Our associates have completed extensive training to learn how to do their jobs safely and correctly.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): We provide the appropriate PPE to our associates to keep them safe on the job.
OUR HYDRAULIC DREDGING SERVICES
When we complete the hydraulic dredging process, we can place landfill capping to isolate and prevent the spread of contaminants. We monitor our work using dredge tracking equipment and GPS software.
In addition to dredging sediment, our experts can also design and operate water filtration systems to meet water quality standards. These systems can include:
- Bag filters
- Aluminum filters
- Active carbon filters
- Sand filters
BENEFITS OF HYDRAULIC DREDGING
The advantages of hydraulic dredging include:
- Reduced labor and cost: Since the hydraulic dredging process includes the direct transfer of materials to the processing plant, you’ll save on labor and associated costs.
- Greater time efficiency: Hydraulic dredging removes sediment from waterways quickly, reducing the dredging project timeline.
- Minimal environmental impact: The suction process moves the dredged material to a sealed pipeline, reducing the impact on the infrastructure and community.
- Fine material removal: The hydraulic dredging process can remove fine materials from the water, like silt and sand.
- Less material suspension: Hydraulic dredging uses a cutterhead shroud to contain suspended material during the dredging process to pump it. This ability lowers the percentage of suspended sediment in the water.
Another way to remove materials from water is mechanical dredging. Use this method if the area has room for heavy equipment and needs to extract coarse materials like gravel and rock.
START YOUR HYDRAULIC DREDGING PROJECT WITH GSD COMPANIES
Reach out to GSD Companies today to start your project. For more information, contact us online or call 1-877-459-1501.